O ouro é Fundamental para a Economia de seu imperio, ele é usado para manter suas cidades, comprar recursos no mercado, manter suas tropas...
Seu ouro não está ligado a uma só colonia, mas sim para toda sua conta, ou seja, em todas as cidades, A tabela de rendimentos e custos contínuos para todas as suas cidades podem ser encontradas clicando no símbolo do ouro no canto superior esquerdo.
O ouro nao pode ser rubado
Your gold production is dependent on the job assignment of your population. Your income is calculated as follows:
- Each citizen produces 3 per hour.
- Each worker does not cost or produce any per hour. 
- Each scientist costs 6 per hour. 
- Units and ships cost the listed upkeep, minus any research discounts. 
If you run out of gold with a negative income, your scientists, workers, units and war ships will become free citizens again. Gold is paid on the hour (server time). Scientists get paid first, then troops (the most expensive first), and finally ships. If your gold has run out, then ships, units and scientists begin to desert until your income is positive.
The amount of gold you can possess is not linked to your warehouse(s).
- ↑ 1,0 1,1 1,2 If you look at the financial page you will notice that you actually lose 3 more than what we list. This is because you have to also figure in the loss of 3 from converting a citizen into a worker or scientist.
- ↑ 2,0 2,1 If you look at the financial page you will notice that you temporarily will lose 3 x Citizens in used to train the units and or ships. This is because when you train your military you temporarily lose the citizen but will gain them back, so long as you do not do anything to lower your towns happiness level.
Besides town expenses, Gold is used for the following: